Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Background


Ciao, I'm Lauren De Crescenzo- it's Italian. 

I grew up in Broomfield, CO. Somewhere halfway between Denver and Boulder; It's in the 'burbs. I began racing road bikes while I was attending Emory University in Atlanta, GA. Here I learned about hip-hop music, Coca-Cola, and the proper use of y'all and all y'all. I joined the Atlanta peloton, and did group rides that I had no business being on. I'd find myself dropped in downtown Atlanta, and the outskirts of the city (where the Confederate Flag still waves). As this was terrifying for a girl from Broomfield, CO,  I quickly became faster at riding a bike. This speed, inspired by fear, was then channeled into racing for my university and for a U25 Women's Devo Team. 
Later that day: Book Burning Party!
Receiving my degree. 





















                                                                 

I just graduated from Emory with a degree in Cultural Anthropology/Global Health/Italian Language and Culture, so the only logical thing to do was to move back to Colorado to pursue bicycle racing. I'm racing for Team Kenda p/b RACC, and was just selected to race with the US National Team in Europe. In this blog, I'll share my experiences from racing in US and in Europe-- with a touch of anthropological flair. Grazie a tutti!


2 comments:

  1. Your fans on Olde Stage Road are cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate! you guys totally saved my life :)

      Delete